Shelby Humane Society

General Information

To view available animals, click on the links at the left. We do have a shelter facility, so please call the contact phone number listed with the photo of the animal you would like to consider. To help find a home for a pet you can no longer keep or has strayed to your home, please call us at 774-DOGS for more information.

Besides animals known to The Shelby Humane Society, there are always animals at the local animal control facility (pound). The Shelby Humane Society is NOT affiliated with them, but we highly encourage you to check with them to adopt a pet. If you would like to see the animals at the pound you can call the Shelbyville Police Department. at 774-2141 to set up appointment.

Abuse or Neglect

If you know of an animal being abused or neglected, please contact: The Shelby County Sheriff at 774-3941 (if you live outside a city jurisdiction, but in rural Shelby County), the Shelbyville Police at 774-2141 (if you live in the Shelbyville City limits) or your local police department (if you live in a city other than Shelbyville), or Shelby County Animal Control at 774-4932.